We’ve been asked this a thousand times, “How can the directions, positioning, colours, layout, measurements and design can affect the peace and harmony of the home?” Explore some free Vastu tips for home in the article that will make you see things differently.
Let’s imagine, would you like the dark black walls or bright yellow, white, coral shades? A solid big entrance door or broken pale door? A living room with double beds or with a sofa and chairs? A shoe rack inside or outside the house? Vastu is the answer to all such confusion!
A well-designed home radiates different energies, and various elements and principles decide the type of energy it breathes. Vastu Shastra aims at balancing the five elements of earth, water, fire, space and air to bring in the highest level of positive energy.
Vastu aims to eliminate negative energies, conflicts, feelings of dullness, sickness, financial, emotional and physical stress and replace everything with good powers for a peaceful and harmonious life. And that’s the importance of Vastu.
Indians around the world believe in the magic of Vastu Shastra to help maintain physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing. So before we take you through some best Vastu tips for home, let’s understand a brief of Vastu Shastra.
About Vastu Shastra: You’d want to know!
Vastu Shastra is a traditional Indian practice involving ancient India’s broader architecture and design theories. The Vastu theme revolves around the core elements of central space, peripheral zones, sunlight directions and relative functions of the different spaces.
Its principles and Vastu rules harness the positive energies inside and outside the home and affect everything surrounding us.
DID YOU KNOW? Jaipur in Rajasthan was a master city planned, keeping in mind the Vastu principle. Chandigarh was designed around the modern architectural theories incorporated with Vastu Shastra.
Vastu Tips For Home Entrance
The home entrance door is not a medium for you and your loved ones to enter but also an entry for the different energies to get in.
Some basic Vastu tips for home-
- The home entrance door should face the north, east or northeast direction.
- The main door should be bigger than any door in the house.
- The door should open in a clockwise direction.
- Avoid using broken chairs, dustbins near the door.
- The main door with divine symbols like Swastik, Cross, etc., invites good fortune.
- Put a soothing doorbell to attract positivity.
- Wood is considered auspicious for the design of the main door.
- Always consider a nameplate as it’s auspicious.
- The entrance should have a bright light to add warmth.
“The main or entrance door is a transition zone, through which we enter the house from the outer world. It is a place from where happiness and good luck enters the home,” says Mumbai-based Vastu consultant, Nitien Parmar.
Vastu Tips For Home Décor
Who doesn’t want a soothing, beautiful and relaxed environment! To make your home Vastu- compliant to amplify enthusiasm and new energy, add these Vastu decorative items.
Some home Vastu tips to consider-
- Indoor plants influence the wellbeing of the home inhabitants. So add plants like money-tree, lucky bamboo, snake plant, Tulsi, Peace Lily to bring in some luck and freshness to your home.
- Mirrors hold a significant place in enhancing the home décor; you could place these on walls facing east or north.
- A vase full of fresh flowers is known to attract positivity and prosperity.
- A small aquarium or indoor water fountain can be a great addition to the house.
- You can use lighter colours all around the house. For example, Vastu suggests using blue hues to absorb negative energy.
- Vastu recommends using natural elements of décor. For example- lights, candles, lamps or any source of natural fire along with regular soothing lights can uplift the mood and add warmth to the house.
- To make your ecosystem pious and beautiful, consider adding a serene-looking status of Buddha at the door entrance.
Vastu Tips For Home Office
Work from home has become the new norm. And the ongoing pandemic has forced people to set up their workspace at their homes.
More than 50% of the companies have offered remote work perks to their employees; wouldn’t you want to make the best utilisation of your space for the best productivity?
What matters is to create a balance for energies within a given space for greater efficiency. READ MORE ABOUT THE ESSENTIALS YOU NEED WHILE WORKING FROM HOME IN 2022
According to Vastu Shastra,
- A home office should be set up in the west or southwest section of the house for a stable career. Different directions work for different works.
- Colours like cream, light yellow, light green, light gold are some of the best options for your home offices that ensure productivity and profits.
- The use of a comfortable, strong chair that covers your head is a sign of supporting life.
- Placing a gold pyrite crystal in the drawers containing documents attracts wealth.
- Discard unwanted papers, pens and files. Less clutter helps take better decisions and leads to a less cluttered mind.
- A small globe on the desk brings in global work opportunities.
- Natural lights are best for working, and avoid fluorescent lights that can harm the eyes.
DID YOU KNOW? A clean and clutter-free workspace has been shown to increase productivity by 40 to 50%.
Vastu Tips For Living Room
A proper arrangement of furniture, fixtures, lights and colours can give you the most desired setting for any space in the house.
And when it comes to the living room, we believe that’s one place where we spend most of our time in the house either watching tv, attending to guests, working or just spending a relaxing weekend on the couch.
So, why not give the best of everything to make the living room a perfect place to release positive vibrations in the house.
- The northeast corner is ideal for planning your living room.
- Comfortable seating like recliners or modular sofas is a great way to welcome relaxation.
- Avoid keeping plants like bonsai and cactus in the living room.
- Use sober and light colours like white, blue, green, etc., that will reflect the light in the room and make it look larger.
- South-eastern direction is perfect if you want to install a TV in the living room.
- Fresh flowers and especially Chinese bamboo plants, are considered lucky. Money plants bring prosperity, whereas artificial plants attract negative energies.
- Paintings or pictures of birds, sun or running horses are popular artworks for living rooms and are great choices to attract life to the space. Choose art pieces that evoke emotions of happiness, comedy and positivity.
Important Vastu Tips For Home
Vastu Shastra does hold power to affect your health, wealth, energy and behaviour. And home is the only space where you seek love, warmth, happy vibes, and safety.
Let’s check out some Indian Vastu tips for home-
- Enough sunlight and proper ventilation are some essential elements of Vastu Shastra.
- Southeast and northwest corners are two great options for kitchen space.
- Avoid keeping the mirror in the bedroom in the opposite direction of the bed.
- Regular cleaning of unnecessary stuff helps in attracting positive energy.
- Hang or place family photos in the southwest direction to strengthen the bond of love and relationships.
- Choice of Furniture and its positioning can positively or negatively impact health and mental peace.
One Last Thought: Free Vastu Tips For Home
Benefits, benefits and only benefits just by incorporating some simple and easy Vastu Shastra tips.
Just like how human beings are different in personalities, similarly, spaces can have different energies. So this ancient Indian practice explains that all the things in the universe have a level of energy, either positive or negative.
Vastu Shastra can be your magical solution backed up by science wherein the rules and principles are made as per the environment to attract positive energies.
Keep your home filled with uplifting energies and attract joy and abundance to your living spaces.
If you believe in the power of Vastu-Shastra, tell us in the comments what you would like to add or change in your home as per the Vastu- rules?