It’s here. It’s time for you to express love to your refugee, your partner, your shelter, your escape, your relaxation, your happy place, and what we’re trying to say here is – Love Your Home Too This Valentine’s Day.
Whether you plan to buy a bunch of roses, a box of chocolates or those heart-shaped greeting cards, we thought, how about you add something for your darling adobe, your HOME SWEET HOME.
For example- some fresh plants for your garden area, or maybe a coloured doormat, or if you’re a fan of abstract paintings, even a rustic ceramic vase for your dining table can be a great idea.
Don’t you think the place that has got your back even in your worst days, never left you alone and always stood like a pillar, gave you the warmest cuddles and softest hugs deserves to feel the love shower once in a while?
And not to mention, do you remember how your home turned into a venue, virtual shopping centre, school, office and everything during the pandemic? It saved us all. And now it’s time for you to give some love back. Have a Happy Valentine’s Day.
“Home is a shelter from storms-all sorts of storms.”-William J. Bennett
After all, the beauty of love is- celebrating it in all its forms. So besides appreciating your soulmates and loved ones, maybe you would want to think about strengthening your relationship with your home for a change. What say! Let’s commemorate “feel the love in the air” month with some effortless ways to spruce up your precious space, your only home-
LOVE YOUR HOME, CHEER UP YOUR SPACE, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!
Lit Some Aromatic Candles For A Comforting Ambience At Home
Sometimes simple things bring you the best of moments. So awaken your senses and make your every day a bit special by adding more love and life to the corners and centres of your cosy home.
“Home is not a place… it’s a feeling.”
Thank us later, but first, get ready to have the best lovable time with these classic tips-
- Set the mood this 14th February with soft, scented candles and lights.
- Add some velvet and satin fabric cushions to create a sense of aesthetics.
- Have you ever heard “Endless Love” by Diana Ross or “All Of Me” by John Legend? Tune in to some music, keep your stress away, and create a romantic vibe when you’re in your sweet home.
- Nature is therapeutic for a reason. So bring in some outdoors in your home to brighten your living spaces.
- We might be getting overboard with this one, but we can’t keep the show-stealer hidden for long! Set up a bubble bath with some lavender or sandalwood oil, sprinkle some petals and pour some wine to live your best life.
Add Wow Elements To Your Home Décor
It’s not about how you want to live, but how you want to feel? Make sure to fill your home with things that make you feel good, loved, positive, homely and relaxed this Valentine’s.
“Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do… but how much love we put in that action.” —Mother Teresa
We’re sure you’d love some of the ideas here-
- Hanging photo frames with your cute pet to revive those old memories.
- Celebrate your Valentines week by creating a photo wall of your most special ones.
- Add some Red accents to evoke dramatic effect to your living room or bedroom.
- Fix up your décor game and add some quirk with silk, macrame, velvet, brocade cushions.
It’s an effortless way to reinvent your space with off-beat ideas.
Update Or Change Some Home Accessories
We all crave some change, don’t we? And our home feels nothing different. Irrespective of taking good care of things, you can’t ignore its expiry or when it’s old-fashioned or unconsumed for a very long time.
“A comfortable house is a great source of happiness. It ranks immediately after health and a good conscience.” – Sydney Smith
Don’t be afraid to experience change; it only opens the door to new and unexplored things. Check out ways to upgrade or change your home style to enhance your living experience.
- Swap out outdated appliances for stainless steel.
- Repair the broken cabinets.
- Use smart appliances to save energy and money.
- Create some open space to meditate.
- Change that worn or dirty handle pulls.
- Set up your green landscape.
- Spruce up your bathroom fittings.
Pro tip- Right upgrades are an excellent way to transform your space at home from ordinary to extraordinary. It adds to the cost-effectiveness, liveability, energy efficiency and resale value.
Keep Your Home Clean And Add Value To Your Space
Who wouldn’t want a clean and hygienic space to cuddle, relax and rejuvenate? Just like how you’d take care of your body and soul, even your home needs a deep cleaning once in a while.
Add value to your home space by sanitizing and scrubbing those untouched, dusted corners that always remained unnoticed by you over the week. You will feel good when your home is organized, clean and clutter-free.
Live more intentionally and practice self-care; this will help you go a long way.
“When all else fails, cleaning house is the perfect antidote to most of life’s ills.”
— Sue Grafton
Pro Tip- Follow a basic daily swabbing routine and an intense deep cleaning once every week; it will help things not pile up for ages. You will have a beautiful home away from allergies, and a clean environment promotes better health too.
DIY For Just The Way You Want It
Who’s not from the Instagram Age in 2022? No one, right! Everybody needs a cost-effective photo booth that gives you enough likes, shares and comments. So, ditch the expensive décor, and grab some confetti, glitters, thrift vases, spray paints and craft papers to complete the main course of setting up your smart home.
“The home is the center and circumference, the start and the finish, of most of our lives.” – Charlotte Perkins Gilman
Are you ready to add some character and personality to your home? Here you go-
- Revamp an old wooden frame with white paint and make a decorative pinboard.
- Cut out cakes, leaves, hearts or gadgets shapes and spray some paint on the wall to add a part of your personality.
- If words make you fly, hunt for some uplifting quotes and get the printouts for your office space.
- Paint your front door this week and invite good energy to your home. You can even give new paint to your existing walls.
- Hang some lights with paper cut-outs to spark your home space.
DON’T FORGET THE LITTLE THINGS THAT WILL MATTER TO THE HOME OF YOUR LIFE:
- Protect the home you love with smart features to ensure the home’s safety.
- Set up a tall fence to avoid any unwanted intruders.
- Smart door locks will help you monitor home entry and exits.
- Turn on your cameras and sensors for any forced alerts.
“There is nothing more important than a good, safe, secure home.”
While you celebrate your home this Valentine, the above will give you a chance to have a stress-free opportunity to bond while you’re taken care of.
All You Need Is Love. All You Need Is Home. And After Reading This Blog, All You Would Need Is the Willingness to Express Your Love For Your Beloved Home. Are You Ready?
Whether you live in a 1bhk or a 4bhk, or even if it’s just a tiny room, you can create a lovely mindful atmosphere with LOVE. Turn your home into a beautiful oasis that oozes out positivity, your unique personality and joy.
Your home has always been there for you, so spread the love and share it differently to let the world know how much your home means to you. The idea is to make sure you have quality time not just with your loved ones but with your home too in the month of love.
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the adorable homes that have stood the time, in all its glory.
How do you plan to make your house a home this Valentine? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comments below.